Bowmakers craft ranged weapons, specialty ammo, and ranged weapon enhancements such as scopes and stabilizers. Below are the lists to craft scopes, ammo, and ranged projectile weapons. The listed number is both the required number of materials and the strength of the associated bonus / damage tier. For example, a Legendary Scope requires D20 worth of Legendary Materials to craft. It offers a D20 bonus to Hit, Crit, and a D20 damage bonus as well. When crafting this object you roll for the associated values which are fixed.
Legendary: xD20 (+Hit, +Crit, +Damage)
Epic: xD12 (+Hit)
Rare: xD10 (+Crit)
Great: xD6 (+Damage)
Craft Ranged Weapons:
Legendary: x D100
Collecting & Scavenging Materials:
Purchasing Materials: (c = currency | CL = Crafting Level)
Common: D20c / CL
Great: D100c / CL
Rare: D100c x10 / CL
Epic: D100c x100 / CL
Legendary: D100c x1000 / CL
Crafting Specialty Ammo:
When crafting specialty ammo, how quantity is handled is exclusively up to the DM.
- Ice Arrow – A shard of razor sharp ever-frozen ice is fastened to the end of an arrow. A hit from an Ice Arrow causes the area surrounding the wound to freeze.
- Net Arrow – The head of this arrow is actually a small clay pot containing a spring-loaded silk net, on a hit, the target makes save against being restrained. On it’s turn, the target can make a check to break free.
- Acid Arrow – The glass head of this arrow shatters upon impact spraying the target in corrosive acid. On a hit the target takes an additional d6 acid damage for d4 turns.
- Grappling Arrow – Arrow with a strong head that will hold up to 300 lbs of weight on an attached 100ft length of rope.
- Non-lethal Arrow (blunt head) – does blunt instead of piercing damage.
- Small Game Broadhead – Broadhead with extending fins that will decapitate small game, due to the precision needed, the target gets +5 to dodge.
- Water Arrow – When this arrow makes contact, it releases a burst of water that extinguishes any source of fire no greater than a five foot cube. Elementals attuned to fire are weak against its damage.
- Moss Arrow – When this arrow is fired at a surface, creeping moss rapidly spreads to a circle with radius ten feet around the point of contact. Walking or climbing on the moss grants advantage on stealth checks to remain silent.
- Rope Arrow – When fired, this arrow releases 25 feet of hempen rope behind it.
- Cloud Arrow – When the arrow makes contact with an object, it explodes into a cloud of noxious fumes in a sphere with a radius of 5 feet. Those inside choke taking D6 damage for up to D6 turns while inside the cloud.
- Barbed Arrow – This cruelly barbed arrow does normal damage going in, and 1D6+2 damage coming out. If carefully removed (takes 1D6+1 rounds) no damage; half damage if you fail the roll. If left in, D4 damage per round spent doing anything but remaining carefully still.
- Serrated Arrow - with a long, jagged metal head, this arrow does an additional D6+4 damage, and excels at cutting materials such as rope.
- Superior Smoke Arrow – Creates a Fog Cloud after 2 turns. Enemies inside or behind this cloud have their vision obscured.
- Scorpion Arrow – Does an additional 1d4 poison damage for d6 rounds.
- Flare Arrow – creates a flare like projectile. If shot skyward can be seen up to one mile away. Only does 1d4 additional fire damage.
- Grapple Hook Arrow – does not do standard damage. Can be used as a standard grapple hook as well as an attempt to attach it to a target.
- Curved Arrow – An arrow with a slight curve in it, used to hit targets behind cover.
- Rose Thorn Arrow – on hit extra 1d4 piercing from thorns and target must make a save or be ensared for 1d4 rounds (can attempt to get free each round), 1d4 piercing damage each round the ensnared creature moves.
- Alchemists Fire Arrow – contains a small vial of alchemist’s fire, dealing an additional d8 fire damage.
- Glass Tipped Arrow – An arrow that breaks on contact and is able to hold up to 1 ounce of any liquid.
- Sleep Arrow – using sleep powder, it bursts on impacts causing one creature hit to make a con save or fall asleep. No additional damage.
- Armor Piercing Arrows – Tipped with a special metal that ignores armor.
- Blight Arrow – A sinister looking arrow made from a dark wood that seems to pulse with life. On a hit, the wooden shaft of the arrow wiggles and writhes its way into the body of the target dealing an additional 1d8 damage per turn until cleansed.
- Wyrmslayer Arrow – Deals double damage to dragons and like kin.
- Wolfsbane Arrow - Deals double damage to wolves and their kin.
- Shock Arrow – A thunder gem is sharpened into a point as this arrow’s head. Upon a hit the brittle gem shatters, releasing an additional 1d8 lightning damage in a 10′ radius.
- Thundersteel Arrow – made from a special type of conductive iron which deals 1d6 lightning damage in addition to the regular arrow damage.
- Arrows of the Wraith – Ethereal arrow tips don’t hurt most creatures but is devastating to ghosts and other spirits.
- Arrow of Blinding – as it impacts the target, it explodes in a flash of light rendering everyone who was not averting their eyes blinded for 1d4 rounds.
- Evertrue Arrow – this arrow always hits, and is always a critical shot.
- Meteor Shower Arrow – A Pure black arrow that marks a target for a meteor shower. Meteors are summoned and take 1 turn to arrive. After 1 turn a shower of massive flaming meteors rain down on the target dealing d10 fire and bludgeoning damage per turn in a 10’ area.
- Dryad’s Kiss Arrow – Upon a successful hit by this legendary arrow the target is wrapped in vines and dragged into the earth. Upon missing it buries itself into the ground and grows a tree containing a second arrow that can be collected the following week.